Sunday, July 26, 2009

Disco Buddha!

Despite being so painfully Catholic it hurts, there is one aspect of living that Catholicism has managed to evade: The interior of my house. You see, my mom has this penchant for religious figures and icons in decorative format. Buddha statues, check. Hindu god figurines, check. Santo Nino dolls, check. Our newest addition is what I like to call "Disco Buddha." It is exactly everything a Disco Buddha would and should aspire to be in a Catholic household: Entertaining. Disco Buddha was a random Little Saigon find, and mom is most proud of the fact that she was able to bargain down from $40 USD to $30 USD. This kind of leads me to think... are there people out there just like my mom? Do non-Christians keep Disco Jesus around at home? Whatever the case may be, I think it's great how popculture canvasses everything in life and I don't think it's disrespectful at all. Here's Disco Buddha in action:


1 comment: